Westborough, Mass. Church of Christ

Collection History

The town of Westborough was incorporated in 1717 and construction on the town's first meeting house completed in 1722. The Church of Christ was gathered in 1724 with Ebenezer Parkman as its minister. During the First Great Awakening, both George Whitefield and Johnathan Edwards preached at the Church of Christ. Construction began on a second meeting house in 1748, and the first service held there was in 1749. In 1825 the church reformed as the First Congregational Society. It continues today as the Congregational Church of Westborough.

This digital resource has been provided by the Westborough Public Library, where the original manuscript is held.

For more information about the collection, see the archival finding aid.

 

Digital Materials

Church records, 1724-1787

This volume includes church meeting minutes, records of votes, marriages, baptisms, admissions and dismissions, membership lists, and church covenants.

 

Special Thanks

This digital resource has been made possible in part by the National Endowment for the Humanities: Exploring the human endeavor.

Any views, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this resource do not necessarily represent those of the National Endowment for the Humanities.

Become a Member